Sunday, May 17, 2015

Back on-line, well, maybe...

Three and a half years, almost to the day. Three and a half years since the last posting. I've still be around, still quilting, still traveling, still living life. A lot had occurred in these last three and a half years...

Quilting: I still make quilts, not in the volume or quantity my aunt does, but I still make them. I've made a couple bags during this time as well. Recently, I made this beauty:

I named it Jelly Star, only because it was made with a Jelly Roll and has a star pattern. Nothing special, but it is pretty.

Travel: Hubby and I have been to Cabo San Lucas, 4-wheeling on the Piute Trail, hiking in Bryce Canyon and Zion's National Park, and to the Black Hills of South Dakota. We've been to Wendover, Rock Springs, and south to Scenic, Arizona. Okay, Scenic is just outside of Mesquite, but that is where my parents have decided to retire. They bought the home last year and will be moving in FULL time very shortly. Like Dad only has days left to work. I have so many pictures of our travels...I may post some, may not post any. Oh! We've been to Washington, DC as well...Beautiful city and the history is incredible.

Life: Hubby and I lost our most precious Oreo in September 2012. Such an incredibly difficult day. She got so very ill, so very fast. I know it was the right decision as her quality of life was so important; but I sure miss her even to this day.

After 2 years, we decided we were ready for another fur baby to enter our lives. Once hubby said let's get another, I wasted no time finding a baby. Meet Trixy, our furry little spit fire. I had forgotten how busy puppies were and how much they nibble and bite and chew and bite. She's gotten my father twice. Trixy entered our lives in August 2014 and has been an joy despite the bites. She is hubby's "Pretty Perfect Puppy Princess" or "Director Furry."
The day we brought her home.

Finally, I have taken up the hobby of knitting. Although I am quilting and creating in that manner, I thought knitting was an easier hobby to take on the go. It is...and I've made some bags, socks, scarves, hats, and slippers. I'll keep creating, knitting, and quilting. Great relaxation.

There has been more that happened in the last 3 years...I'll post as I can and think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment