Sunday, November 28, 2010

Santa is Coming...

Usually on long weekends, I camp out in my sewing/craft room and create (especially if it is snowing). It snowed ALL day long...it never stopped so we haven't shoveled, yet... However, I didn't do any crafting today. After finishing the bag last night, I decided (well, Steve decided) we would get the Christmas decorations out. He didn't even do our normal relax Sunday morning routine...he came downstairs dressed, ready for the day and immediately started to the basement to bring up the Chirstmas decorations! No rest for the weary...

Seems like every year I do a little something different with the decor and don't always get everything out. If I do get it ALL out, it's because we are hosting the Holiday festivities. I'll go all out with 2 trees and decorating the entire "grand staircase" in addition to chair covers (made by yours truly), center peices, and replacing all our shelf decor with Christmas decor.

I must admit, each year I get happier and happier with my tree. I love Tai Pan Trading, they have purple and sparkles every year!  The tree is getting less and less bulbs and more and more "special" ornaments. That's why we will have 2 trees: a traditional one and my purple/silver tree (imagine that...purple and sparkles in my house). The tree is beautiful though...



I love the theme of "Believe," so it's throughout the house this time of year. I bought this sign from one of my favorite stores a few years ago (after Christmas, so a GREAT deal).

Steve was absolutely an angel. He hauled in the over sized, heavy, cumbersome ladder to climb up to our entrance chandelier. He then climbed the ladder and placed each bulb where I asked. Each bulb says "Believe" (told you I like it).
And of course there are Christmas quilts all around! I actually have 2 or 3 more wall hanging quilts, but have run out of room to put them up...not really appropriate to put up a dowel for a quilt only at Christmas time (or is it?).  :)
See the quilt on the chair?




1 comment:

  1. maybe you just need to do some non-seasonal wall hangings that can use those dowels at other times, then you can hang your holiday wall hangings!

    ReplyDelete