Sunday, February 13, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day is on a Monday this year. Makes it a little difficult to celebrate, especially after having to work all day. So Steve and I decided to celebrate early. We had a spectacular day...sleeping in, great breakfast, good coffee, then watching a movie. He wanted to spend the day together so we even baked a cake together. 

The other reason we chose to celebrate early: going out is expensive, crowded, and not very intimate. It shocks me (but it shouldn't) how the stores use a holiday to rob people. Even Costco!!! Two dozen roses are typically $15.99 at Costco, this week they are $15.79 for 1 dozen. ROBBERY!


Steve was wonderful (as usual) getting me a beautiful card, roses (not from Costco), and gift cards to my favorite places! I bought him a TV...well, he picked it out so I know I got the right one (I don't buy electronics for an electrical engineer without prior approval).



 

After our relaxing day, we cooked dinner together: grilled ribeye steaks, lobster tails, pan seared scallops, and asparagus with prosciutto, garlic and pine nuts. Dinner was soooo good and we would have NEVER gotten this by going out.

  
Notice the perfect grill marks? Steve's trademark.
 
Yes...there are 2 cakes. We'll take one to
Shane for his birthday celebration tomorrow.


Our dessert was the cake we made together: Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting. Every bit of it from SCRATCH!!  Best cake I have had in a verrrrryyyyy lloooonnnnggg time!  Our drinks were Chocolate-Hazelnut Martini's in chocolate rimmed glasses:




No comments:

Post a Comment