Saturday, February 12, 2011

Yes, I am still alive

Well...it's not like I haven't been busy, I really have...just not with creativity. I finally finished the top of the mystery quilt, but it's not quilted yet. Once the holidays finished, I took a little break with the quilts...sorry for those of you truly interested in creativity. Besides I had to get over the disappointment of the Bears missing out on the Super Bowl.

We invited very good friends for dinner, mainly so we can keep in touch. Appetizers included jalapeno cheddar venison summer sausage and various authentic Wisconsin cheese (Smoked Cheddar, Dill Havarti, Habenero Monterrey, and Buffalo Monterrey). DELICIOUS!!  Steve then grilled Parmesan garlic crusted venison and I made asparagus with pine nuts, garlic and prosciutto and potatoes au gratin. Dinner was really good (with the exception of too much lemon in the asparagus). For dessert...mini cheesecakes.  

So good to have good friends...

No comments:

Post a Comment