Saturday, July 9, 2011

Zuehlsdorff Family Reunion June 2011

As many of us that could headed to the Rock. Since my grandparents are residents at Sage View and unable to travel, the reunion was in Rock Springs, Wyoming this year. Thanks to Traci for organizing everything and getting advice from others. Seeing the family was terrific!! Some I haven't seen for over a decade! (Am I really that old?)

My grandfather, John, was one of 10 children (in no particular order: Deilda, John, Aaron (Swede), Velma, Leith, Jewel, Noel, Arlen, Roger, and Dwight). It has taken me years to remember all their names and who are descendants of who. I'm still working on the generations after my father. Auntie Velma has been working on the family history, ancestry, and geneology. She was a tremendous help in identifing people in pictures I scanned from Grandpa Z's house. I can't thank her enough for spending the time to look through the pictures with me. And OH MY GOODNESS!!! The stories she told us about ancestors and family. I had the most fun listening to her talk. Sure wish we lived closer so I could see her more often! Just wait, Aunt Velma, you may be getting some visitors sooner than you think!

Upon arriving in Rock Springs, there was a little get together at Uncle Swede and Aunt Millie's. Steve and I arrived late as he had to work and we didn't get to town until late. Sure good to see so many people there. Saturday, the family spent the day at Garnet Park. Catered food, games and of course, PICTURES. My cousin Dotti is a photographer and took the group pictures. Grandma and Grandpa Z weren't able to make it to the park, so they are missing from the pictures. I got some pictures, but they are definately not as good at the professional ones done by Dotti. I took one of her daughter, sure wish it had turned out better, cuz it's CUTE!!!

The last morning, there was a continental breakfast at Sage View so Grandpa and Grandma could join the festivities. The family sure filled up the sunroom.

Grandma Z's Birthday was the same weekend.
Actually there were several within the few days before, during, and after the reunion.
 Great way to celebrate: with the WHOLE family!
Swede, Millie and their children: Byron and Dwayne
Sean, JP, and Chris


My family

Grandpa John and Uncle Arlen
Aunt Leith and Uncle Swede


Grandpa John and Auntie Velma

Grandpa John and his youngest brother, Uncle Dwight
My dad (Dee), Valley Jo (Aunt Jewel's daughter),
and Uncle Roger (grandpa's brother)










The picture is grainy, but it's really cute!

1 comment:

  1. It was so good to see you there! I have never been able to keep all the siblings straight. I just learned at the reunion that your gramps is the oldest of them. At least the oldest still living.

    And yes, my niece is the cutest darn thing ever. She's been pretending to talk to Remy over the phone!

    ReplyDelete