Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Finally!!!! The purpose of this blog.

Obviously, I have been doing many other things besides quilting! Summer is spent camping, traveling, and enjoying the outdoors so I do not get as much creativity completed. I finally finished these two quilts. The tops have been finished for months. I then finally went to Aunt Kathy's and got them quilted. Just this week, I finished the bindings.

"Mystery Star" was a mystery quilt class. We attended class three separate times. The mystery is the finished product. Each class the instructor gave us instructions and we got to work. We had no idea what we were doing. We were told to bring so much light, medium and dark fabrics. Finally at the last class, we were able to see the finished product. The variety of quilts was awesome...all the same pattern, but so different with the unique colors. Mine was more patriotic:



"Jitterbug" was made from a jelly roll. Jelly rolls are rolls of fabric consisting of 40 (plus or minus a few) 2 inch strips of fabric. They are usually all in the same design line of fabric.  Really, a fun quilt to make.


Finally, I finished another bag. My mother uses hers for a knitting bag. A few of her friends have asked where they can get one. Yes, this one happens to have some left over material. Now mother keeps telling me I need to learn to knit. Maybe someday... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment