Friday, July 2, 2010

Happy 4th of July!!

I know, not posting frequently enough...creativity takes time. Healing does to. I had LASIK surgery yesterday and the doctor told me "take it easy." I asked about quilting and he said , "No, too much I strain." I asked about baking, he didn't say no. (yippee!) I came home from the follow-up appointment and made cupcakes. We are going to Aunt Kathy's cabin tomorrow to celebrate so I made some dessert. Not quite to scale, but looks cute and will be quite tasty!

I nearly have Grandma's quilt done, just need to add the binding and tack it down. I am allowed to do more "eye-straining" activities after the weekend so hopefully I'll get it finished next week. Grandpa's is ready to quilt. I plan to practice more intricate quilting on it (at least intricate for me).

Steve and I made it on another camping trip: Little Mill in American Fork Canyon. The weather was incredible! Perfect for relaxing, hiking, and doing some work on the camper. The next trip coming up shortly (after a few days of healing).




The river was still really high and running very fast. All the warnings given were necessary. Our camp site was right by the water. The sound was so loud, we had to shout most the time and it sounded like loud fans in the trailer all night long.


Oreo must have gotten cold. Silly dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment