Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Scavenger Hunt

I attended Quilt Wyoming 2010 in Rock Springs, Wyoming just over 1 week ago. Unfortunately, I couldn't be there for the entire conference, but I did get to go for at least one day. I took the Quilted Scavenger Hunt class. The concept was unique: first person to get the block done got a prize, the others had to go hunt for something that would represent the block or the prize. If you returned with the prize or an object you received points, less points if you took a picture of the object (because you couldn't bring it back). At the end of the day, whoever finished all their blocks and got the most points won $20 to spend at the vendor mall. I won!! Yahoo!! Got some great material for the next project.

The 12 blocks are "Flower, Light and Shadow, Bookcase, Checkerboard, Spool, Dino-Teeth, Leaf, Heart, Railroad, Bullseye, and Flag." Some blocks others had already finished, so I had to hunt for something that represented the block. For the heart, I had the best representation. My aunts (Nancy and Kathy) were in the hallway so I grabbed them and we headed back to my classroom. I told the teacher, I brought back my aunts because I love them. They then formed hearts with their arms above their heads! I got great laughs from all in the classroom and all the points! The picture I took of Aunt Kathy and Aunt Nancy forming hearts unfortunately was too blurry to even keep. Thanks for helping me win! Love you!

Here is my finished quilt. I added a few sparkles for more pizazz (if that's how it's spelled).

2 comments:

  1. This is a very cute quilt, and it sounds like you had a lot of fun making it. Glad I could be a small part of your project! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come visit soon so we can quilt some more!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete