Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Mountains and Surgery?

I started the vacation with surgery (huh?)! Okay, it was a "simple, everyday" procedure I was still VERY nervous and anxious about. I had the LASIK procedure done. If I were asked today if I would do again, the answer is NO. There was pressure/PAIN involved with the creation of the "flap" and that memory is too fresh in my mind. Follow-up appointment today. I know it worked, because on vacation, I was spotting the deer at dusk with my dark glasses on before Steve or anyone else. Steve has decided I have to go hunting with him now because my eye sight is so "good."

So surgery started vacation meaning I got sit and relax for the entire week. We went camping at Marsh Lake in the Uinta's. I was told "take it easy, no lifting, just relax" by the surgeon, so Steve had to do a lot of work to get us ready for the trip and while we were on the trip. My job was to take my eye drops as ordered and sit under the awning. I did that, but fished as well. Caught one (yippee). Scenery wasn't too bad.

Marsh Lake is at about 9400 feet above sea level, high in the mountains. Unfortunately, the pine beetle has killed most of the forrest so the mountian sides are brown/red instead of green. It also meant a lot of firewood, yummm, smores... During the week, we had sunshine, mild winds, rain, and SNOW in July! The pictures demonstrate pretty much everything.
Oreo enjoyed camping, she was exhausted after and slept for 3 days. Not only did she hunt for squirrels and chipmunks, she got to go fishing. Fishing for her is hard work--she chases the lure to the water's edge when you cast and barks until you reel it in. Then if there's a fish, she MUST nip at the tail. Since we weren't putting the fish on a string, they were laying on the ground at Steve's feet--she had to take guard over them.

Mom and Dad came up to the mountains for a day since it's only a couple hour drive from Rock Springs. I think all the dogs enjoyed the outing. They all sure like our new recliner chairs--as did Dad.

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha! So glad my dogs aren't the only huge dorks. Love the pic of Uncle Dee with all the pooches.

    ReplyDelete