Sunday, August 29, 2010

Take me away, mountains

I have been such a blog slacker! I have a quilt finished (I actually finished it before San Antonio), but I just haven't taken pictures of it yet. So much going on! I'll get pics posted soon enough. The quilt turned out beautiful (if I do say so myself). I'll tell the story later...
Steve and I went camping over the weekend. We went to Mirror Lake Highway, set up camp and relaxed. Went on a couple hikes, checked out the scenery and enjoyed the mountains. Definately nice to get away for a short while. Now, if I could only get my parents to do the same...

Upper Provo River Falls, the water is cold (even this time of year)! We decided it would be fun to stick our feet in the water...brrrrrrrr.







The hiking was awesome. We thought about hiking to the top of Bald Mountain, but the lightening quickly changed our minds. Instead we hiked near a few of the many lakes in the region. Funny, Steve didn't take the fishing stuff on our hikes. Oreo sure enjoyed the hikes too. She got to wander, explore and interact with wildlife (the local cow herd grazing near the hiking trails).






Bald Mountain
Oreo was soooo funny. She really made one little squirrel in camp mad! She chased him and he (of course) went up a tree. He yelled at us for 10 minutes then ran higher up the tree. The next thing we know, he's trying to hit us with pine cones!!! For 30 minutes pine cones were being tossed from the tree. Fortunately, there were no casualties, although, one did come within a foot of Oreo's head.
There weren't as many people out this weekend as we thought, so Steve placed the camera on the truck and the old Ford took our picture. Not too shabby for a Ford.

We are so lucky to live so close to the mountains. Glad we get the opportunity to hike, camp, and enjoy spectacular scenery.

No comments:

Post a Comment