Monday, May 3, 2010

Baby Shower Bonanza

I have a terrific, wonderful friend...she's loyal, honest, caring, forgiving, and truly a great person. AND she's having a baby!!! May 29th is the due date, but I believe Elle Darlene Barber will be arriving before. In anticipation, I got busy creating quilts for her. Dawn (mom), had told me several years ago she wanted CLASSIC Winnie the Pooh in the nursery. Easy to find, right-no way. After hours of driving around the Salt Lake Valley to each quilt store (ya, sad, I know), and even more hours on the world wide web, I finally found the material (shout out to "Grandpa Terry" at http://www.etsy.com/). I ordered all the "Classic Winnie the Pooh" fabric he had and got busy cutting and sewing back together. I plan to post more detailed pictures of the quilts later. Unfortunately, I missed her first baby shower because of a business trip...and therefore, I missed the "shock and ahh" of the original opening. At least I got to see the "shock and ahh" on her family's faces. Still, I hope she appreciates the love that went into each stitch.




Dawn's mother-in-law, Michelle, called a few days before the baby shower and asked if I would make mini cupcakes for the shower. Since "Santa" gave me the book Hello Cupcake for Christmas 2009 with a decorating kit, I created some formal and some not-so-formal cupcakes for the party. The cupcakes were quite tasty...if I do say so myself. The "Petits" were pink and green colored frosting with small decorations (piped frosting). The baby faces were colored frosting and baby bottles made from pieces of shaped starbursts with mini marshmellows attached. Bonnetts were made from cut mini marshmellows. Shaping starbursts takes time! A big thank you to my husband, Steve, for bringing home more frosting after the work party.



Here's mom-to-be, Dawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment