Saturday, May 22, 2010

Creativity takes time

I have been working hard on projects, but they really do take time. I finished a quilt top for a lap quilt for Grandpa, but it's not quilted nor is the binding on, so no pictures yet. After this one is finished, I have bags, more quilts, wall hangings, and projects lined up. I went to another quilt shop today (in Green River, Wyoming) and bought even more material. So many projects, so little time.




Today I thought I'd post a picture of nature's creativity. I wasn't expecting this plant to bloom this year, but I'm really glad it did. I ordered the bulb and planted it last Spring. It truly is beautiful, the colors fit me perfectly. ;) Better than the snow I woke to in Rock Springs, Wyoming. Where is Spring in this state? I want to see lilacs and tulips when I come visit over half way through May!




Oh, wait! I have been a little creative...I finished our wedding quilt. The top has been made for 2 years and I finally decided how to quilt it (after 4 years of marriage). So on our anniversary, I redecorated our bedroom hanging the quilt on the wall. Some quilt blocks were signed by guests at the rehearsal dinner. The material for borders and blocks came from our honeymoon in Hawaii. I know, I know...4 years is too long to make a quilt, but as I said, creativity takes time.

No comments:

Post a Comment