Saturday, May 29, 2010

Mmmm Chocolate

Every woman needs chocolate right? "Eat dessert first, give me the chocolate and no one gets hurt"; the list goes on. And what could be better than chocolate and quilting? Okay, probably not a good idea...eating chocolate and sitting around sewing and quilting. All those calories and lack of "strenuous activity" would go straight to the hips.

Instead base quilts on a chocolate theme...name them after chocolate dishes. Quilts for Chocolate Lovers by Janet Jones Worley does just this; also included are recipes for desserts rich with chocolate. Based on the "La Chocolada" pattern I created this quilt. I have been wanting to complete a bright and black quilt. I bought material a looooong time ago. Well, it's really bright and loud! Since I used different material, without the fiesta theme, I named mine "Psychedelic Flower Power." What you don't see in the pictures is the neon-colored, repetitive peace sign backing.

No comments:

Post a Comment