Sunday, May 30, 2010

Practice makes....better

I don't think I'll ever make anything perfect, but I can learn from each bag and get better, right? Going outside the comfort zone wasn't so bad. Once I figured it out, they go to together much faster! I think they are getting better each time. I have now completed 2 bags and will soon start the 3rd (for me). Maybe someday I'll branch out even further with sewing. For now, I'll stick with quilted bags and quilts. I'm still working on that one for Grandpa (waiting for supplies to come in so I can sandwich, quilt, and bind).



Bag number 2 was made for my Aunt Kathy. She does so much to help me out and helped me learn to quilt (Mom, I'll give you some credit-you helped teach me to sew-Love you!). Kathy even lets me "borrow" her BIG quilting machine for some of my quilts. I have so much fun going to her house for an afternoon, picking her creative brain for quilting ideas, chatting, and learning more quilting techniques. I have never made her a quilt partly because she makes the most incredible quilts and her skills far exceed any I could dream of having. So a little bag will be one of many thank yous. Dinner and movie nights should help too...



A close-up. The bags are also giving me a chance to practice more ornate quilting patterns. I'm really liking the sparkles. I plan to put them on many quilts. Attending the HQMS show was well worth it!!! I learned how to use sparkles. Now off to make another bag, continue to get better, and use more sparkles!

No comments:

Post a Comment