Friday, October 1, 2010

Busy, Busy, Busy

I really have been busy and doing stuff...So busy I haven't posted for a while. Here's what I've been up to...

For my birthday, I got tickets to the Capital Theater for Disney's The Lion King. Steve took me to an incredible dinner then the show. The costumes are absolutely amazing!!!! The creativity expressed in replicating the movie scenes is indescribable. The voices, costumes, scenery...it was an amazing production. Our "date night" was 2 days after my birthday. My birthday-day surprise was coming home to a meal cooked by Steve and flowers, a card, and chocolate on our kitchen island. I got to relax and do nothing the rest of the evening.

The following weekend I was on-call for work, so it was boring. But then I was a part of a conference for Pediatric Nurse Practitioners and anyone else interested in learning to care for kids. I've been on the planning committee for this conference for 5 years and it took a little time the last 2 weeks. I burn the CDs with all the presenters' slide shows. I also was a presenter again this year so I had preparations.

Just hours after the conference, Steve and I were again camping in the mountains. We went to the Mirror Lake Highway again, but did some "dry camping." It's great, no cost for the camp site. Christie and Steve P. met us there with their 4-wheelers. Steve and I were allowed to take their 4-wheelers for a ride one afternoon--I think my Steve picked a black diamond run!!! I didn't crash and had a good time so all is good. The weekend was incredible--not a cloud in the sky the entire time. I got some incredible pictures.

Provo River Falls looked so different this time--not much water. Last time we were there, it rained off and on the entire weekend. It was evident in the water falls...



Clear skies led to beautiful scenery. We could see the mountains for miles and miles and miles. The lakes obscured by overcast skies during the last trip were visible this time: Lily Lake, Trial Lake and a few others. The leaves are changing, it's a new season. It was BEAUTIFUL!

No comments:

Post a Comment