Friday, October 29, 2010

October Goings On

October involves so much change: leaves, weather, people...At the end of the month, everyone gets to be someone (or something) they're really not. Steve and I have been to one Halloween Party, with another on the way. So, I've been a little busy trying to be creative...but again the time factor gets in the way.

I haven't carved pumpkins since I was little! I remember the newspapers being layed out all over the table and Dad "helping" JP and I with our pumpkins. After I moved away, I think I may have had pumpkins on the porch, but I either painted them or did nothing.

Well, this year, Steve decided I should get a pumpkin and carve it. (I have had a carving kit for years--never been opened). He and I went to Winco for the first time ever last night (that's another entire blog post--that place is huge and CHEAP). He picked out a pumpkin and gave me the idea for what to carve. I found the carving kit in the basement in the "Halloween" bucket pulled it out and viola! I know, it is a fairly simplistic design.
Besides the party in the last week and carving pumpkins, I have been to the last mystery quilt night (it's gonna be beautiful) and working on quilting another quilt. Needless to say, they aren't quite done. I've also been "hiking" with Steve. Well, I went hiking, he was hunting for deer. The last day of the extremely short season, Steve and I were on the mountains in 20 degree weather (or less) by 6AM. We watched the sun rise between the clouds, fog roll in and out, a fox, and sat in the snow. It was beautiful. He did get a deer with one shot, humanely and quickly. Freezer will be full (the good part). There is a story behind the hunt...just not for here.

Well, off to the kitchen (again) to start decorating cupcakes for the second Halloween party...more pics to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment